The main objective of the PASI-SUFS is to provide the foundation for enhanced cooperation among transportation researchers in the Americas, to develop a new generation of researchers and practitioners with a holistic view of Urban Freight Systems issues and their solutions that, ultimately, will bring about new paradigms of freight transportation research, education and practice that foster SUFS. The need for the PASI-SUFS is derived from the confluence of the factors discussed next.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
4037 Jonsson Engineering Center
110 Eighth Street, Troy, NY 12180-3590
The main objectives pursued by this educational program are:
- To provide PASI students and lecturers with the opportunity to examine first-hand how researchers from other countries approach UFS research.
- To provide the participants with a solid understanding of the interplay between UFS, the environment, the economy, and the role of UFS in the betterment of local communities.
- To provide participants with the foundations for a lifelong search for excellence and appreciation for the work of researchers from other countries.
Expected Outcomes: Achieving the objectives stated above will:
- Lead to a new generation of transportation professionals with a hemispheric view of the interactions between urban freight transportation, environment, and the economy.
- Develop the foundations for long term research partnerships among the institutions and researchers participating in the PASI.